Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: felix5616 on March 25, 2012, 02:46:39 pm

Title: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: felix5616 on March 25, 2012, 02:46:39 pm
I have an HP Z3200PS printer. I would like to try using the driver to nest a series of smaller images across a 44" wide roll of paper, rather than using smaller rolls. Does anyone have a link to instruction on how to accomplish this?
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: Geraldo Garcia on March 25, 2012, 03:44:19 pm
Just enable "nesting" on the printer setup and print the images. It is that simple.

Just a few remarks:

1) Every image must get to the printer with the same resolution, otherwise it won´t work. Using tools like "print resolution" option on Lightroom is the best way to do that.
2) It olny nests one row of images at time.
3) If the first image is larger than half of the paper width it will not wait for another image and will start printing right away. If working with different sizes, start with the smaller ones.
4) You should enable crop marks to ease your life.
5) I like to send each image to the printer and pause it. When I have the whole lot paused on the pipeline I just select the ones I want to print and unpause them.
6) Never count with a thight nesting, the width of your images together should be a bit smaller than the paper width (about half inch at least).   

Best regards.
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on March 25, 2012, 04:26:06 pm
Qimage Ultimate

www.ddisoftware.com



met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: artobest on March 26, 2012, 07:05:50 am
Qimage Ultimate

www.ddisoftware.com


+1
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: felix5616 on March 26, 2012, 07:31:46 am
sounds good but i am on a MAC.
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: MonsterBaby on March 26, 2012, 07:52:58 am
@geraldo

are you sure about the resolution? i never doublechecked that..
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on March 26, 2012, 08:28:06 am
sounds good but i am on a MAC.


There are ways to run Qimage Ultimate on a Mac ....................

In case that goes against the Applewood grain,
it ain't Qimage but should do the task:

ImageNest

http://www.bluecubit.com/


met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: John Caldwell on March 26, 2012, 10:18:56 am
Unless I misunderstand the goal, I do this in Lightroom all the time.

John-
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: chichornio on March 26, 2012, 12:31:48 pm
Unless I misunderstand the goal, I do this in Lightroom all the time.

John-

Me too! Very easy using Custom Package. But you have yo define the canvas size (white borders) first in PS. And all the images must have the same ppi, or written down in a paper, so you know the size of the file. LR then upsized the file to the decided resolution in the print job panel.
Title: Re: HPZ3200 PS 44" printer
Post by: felix5616 on March 26, 2012, 01:06:28 pm
Thanks, i'll check lightroom and bluecubit