Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: DaveCurtis on March 25, 2012, 05:25:10 am

Title: L4 support for 5D3 ?
Post by: DaveCurtis on March 25, 2012, 05:25:10 am
Has anyone any idea when the next update for L4 is due with Canon 5D3 support.
I need to use my favourite software.

Canon DPP is crap! And that's being kind.
Title: Re: L4 support for 5D3 ?
Post by: neile on March 25, 2012, 10:17:15 am
I was just reading a blog post on thelensrentals.com blog, and Roger said the following: "We then used Adobe’s DNG converter which handled the files with no problems and didn’t manipulate them at all, so we used raw to DNG conversions for all the cameras to make sure things were equal."

Which I find a smidge odd, sine he was testing a 5D MK III and as far as I know the Adobe DNG converter hasn't been updated yet, but... perhaps it is worth trying?

Neil
Title: Re: L4 support for 5D3 ?
Post by: Richowens on March 25, 2012, 10:39:43 am
6.7RC DNG convertor.
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2012/03/adobe-camera-raw-6-7-and-dng-converter-6-7-available-on-adobe-labs.html (http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2012/03/adobe-camera-raw-6-7-and-dng-converter-6-7-available-on-adobe-labs.html)

Rich
Title: Re: L4 support for 5D3 ?
Post by: DaveCurtis on March 25, 2012, 03:03:55 pm
thanks guys.

Title: Re: L4 support for 5D3 ?
Post by: madmanchan on March 26, 2012, 01:15:54 pm
You will see an update very soon.
Title: Re: L4 support for 5D3 ?
Post by: John S C on March 26, 2012, 01:51:37 pm
Timely post. My 5dMk3 arrives tomorrow. Downloading DNG converter as I type.

Thanks

John C
 :)
Title: Re: L4 support for 5D3 ?
Post by: DaveCurtis on March 26, 2012, 02:44:31 pm
Thanks for the 'heads up' Eric.