Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: lazarr on March 24, 2012, 11:34:36 pm

Title: Epson drivers and Win 7 color management
Post by: lazarr on March 24, 2012, 11:34:36 pm
Hi ,

I am trying to resolve a possible double profiling issue .    It would really help if I could make sure I am turning off all profiling on the default "system" color management for a particular Epson printer . That is ; printer properties -> Colour Management .

Choices would be  :

Uncheck "Use my settings for this device"  all together

or

Profile selection : Manual or Automatic

<list of default media icc profiles...>


I am loading a custom ICC via photoshop, and applying the media type within the printer interface, prior to printing.

thanks a lot for your help

Title: Re: Epson drivers and Win 7 color management
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 25, 2012, 04:45:23 am
I do it like this:

Cheers
~Chris
Title: Re: Epson drivers and Win 7 color management
Post by: kevk on March 26, 2012, 12:29:47 am
This one >>> Uncheck "Use my settings for this device"  all together
Title: Re: Epson drivers and Win 7 color management
Post by: lazarr on March 26, 2012, 10:03:02 pm
Thank you .   There is conflicting info whether to remove/ "disassociate" each individual internal profile , or to just uncheck.  I have made some tests today with the different approaches, and to be honest, did not really see a difference.   Can we assume that Photoshop, when set to color manage document, and Epson driver set to "No color adjustment" (at print time), is overriding these "system"/printer property color management settings ?   It would seem logical, but nothing Epson OR Win 7 color management ever seems to be straight forward ..


Thank you very much for your thoughts on this matter