Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Bill Koenig on March 24, 2012, 03:50:40 pm

Title: Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?
Post by: Bill Koenig on March 24, 2012, 03:50:40 pm
I just received my NEC PA271W BK SV, I'm running Win7 64 Ultimate 
I installed the SVII software, made a few profiles, and it works great.
I always run with a standard user account for security on the internet, but SVII doesn't even show up in program files when I'm logged on to my user account.
Is there a way to give SVII permission to run on standard user account?
Title: Re: Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?
Post by: Rusty on March 24, 2012, 03:58:51 pm
Bill, suggest you contact NEC support, I have found them to be very responsive.
Title: Re: Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?
Post by: Bill Koenig on March 24, 2012, 04:08:40 pm
Well, I think I've found the answer. I'm running Win7 64 and there are TWO sets Program files the one with (x86) is where I found it. I made a shortcut to my desktop, then I right click and "Run as Administrator" works great, problem solved. 
Title: Re: Spectraview II only runs on my Admin account question?
Post by: jeremypayne on March 24, 2012, 06:13:26 pm
Well, I think I've found the answer. I'm running Win7 64 and there are TWO sets Program files the one with (x86) is where I found it. I made a shortcut to my desktop, then I right click and "Run as Administrator" works great, problem solved. 

Just so you know ... 64bit applications end up in Programs and 32bit application go in Programs(x86).