Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: free2australian on March 24, 2012, 08:34:42 am
-
Whenever I use Lighroom adjustment brush for a prolonged period the keyboard stops working - battery 100% When I placed new batteries/ and or wait for a period of time and press the button on the side of my keyboard the keyboard starts working most of the time.
Yesterday I bought Apple's batteries cause I heard that only their batteries are foolproof.
That is the background.
I decided to check the battery a few moments ago and it was 100% - no issues with the keyboard - but on going further found that the bluetooth keyboard is not discoverable -see screen shot.
Be grateful if you could advise how I can make it discoverable - and if is not discoverable, why is the keyboard working?
-
it sounds like 1) there is a problem in the keyboard Bluetooth wireless, 2) same on the laptop, or 3) wireless interference - could be fluorescent light ballast, another wireless radio close by ( i had this on my wife's laptop when we had to replace the built-in wireless with as USB version. i had to extend the USB wireless out a couple feet away, then the keyboard stopped loosing connection), a power supply that is not well shielded, or similar.
i suspect the only thing lightroom has to do with it is the keyboard is not used and is going to sleep (powersave) and does not reconnect, or gets hung trying to reconnect. That could be a driver issue if it is not an interference or hardware issue.