Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: BFoto on March 23, 2012, 10:48:21 pm

Title: Do you have GAS?
Post by: BFoto on March 23, 2012, 10:48:21 pm
 ;D

http://mansurovs.com/diseases-that-plague-photographers
Title: Re: Do you have GAS?
Post by: Rob C on March 24, 2012, 05:08:12 am
;D

http://mansurovs.com/diseases-that-plague-photographers



A good giggle with the last of the breakfast tea!

There ¡s only one probem with this otherwise excellent paper on snapper health: remove the varios symptoms, and the 'serious amateur', considered the main sufferer, will face an even worse dilemma: if not to feed the symptoms, why own photo equipment in the first place? Surely, there can't be enough mental reward/return on investment to be derived simply from using it? Of course not! That's why there exists micro-stock, competitions etc. and associated therapy where placebo treatments are awarded with love and care and the attention due all patients.

Just wait: it'll all be available on the National Health next change of government! Wonderful world.

; -)

Rob C

Title: Re: Do you have GAS?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 24, 2012, 07:42:07 am
Doctor,

I think I have all the symptoms, but PFA is the worst.    :(
Title: Re: Do you have GAS?
Post by: RSL on March 24, 2012, 09:35:34 am
I'd have to agree with Eric. PFA has to be the worst of the afflictions, though LBA can be a pretty severe problem.

But aaahhhhrrrrr... There it is again, in the first LBA paragraph: "pouring" in place of "poring." What was he pouring over it? This affliction seems to be increasing exponentially. But at least it's not as stupid as: "This begs the question, why did. . .?"
Title: Re: Do you have GAS?
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 24, 2012, 10:30:23 am
Russ,

I understand. I find I have to lock down my internal Grammar and Spelling Cop whenever I indulge in PFA (or anything on the web).
The one that gets me tied in a knot every time is mixing the two useful verbs "lose" and "loose." When I encounter that particular abuse, I am tempted to "loose the dogs of war" on the perpetrator, but I generally have to settle for "losing" the battle before it starts.

Eric
Title: Re: Do you have GAS?
Post by: Rob C on March 24, 2012, 10:57:16 am
Russ,

I understand. I find I have to lock down my internal Grammar and Spelling Cop whenever I indulge in PFA (or anything on the web).
The one that gets me tied in a knot every time is mixing the two useful verbs "lose" and "loose." When I encounter that particular abuse, I am tempted to "loose the dogs of war" on the perpetrator, but I generally have to settle for "losing" the battle before it starts.

Eric




Their, their! It'll be alright on the nite!

Rob C
Title: Re: Do you have GAS?
Post by: Richowens on March 24, 2012, 03:27:27 pm


   Here!Here!
Title: Re: Do you have GAS?
Post by: RFPhotography on March 28, 2012, 08:04:38 pm
Anyone check this guy's gear list?  I certainly hope the article was written with one eye focused on the mirror.
Title: Re: Do you have GAS?
Post by: EduPerez on March 30, 2012, 02:59:10 am
No money, no GAS!