Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Matt S on March 19, 2012, 01:12:42 am

Title: Fire in the sky
Post by: Matt S on March 19, 2012, 01:12:42 am
Hey all,

I am in Tasmania (Australia) at te moment shooting a heap of stuff and a few days ago I got a really nice sky at sunrise.
I like the pastel colours in this and although there is not much contrast I think it works well.
What do you think ??
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 19, 2012, 01:31:23 am
I think the foreground is a bit brighter than I would like to see... Otherwise, a lovely capture.
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: wolfnowl on March 19, 2012, 01:37:57 am
Yes, I agree. I think darkening the rocks at the bottom of the frame just a bit would lead the eye better into the rest of the frame. Nicely done, though.

Mike.
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: EduPerez on March 19, 2012, 03:43:37 am
Very nice colors... and I would also try to darken the lower left corner.
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: Josh-H on March 19, 2012, 06:10:05 am
Hey all,

I am in Tasmania (Australia) at te moment shooting a heap of stuff and a few days ago I got a really nice sky at sunrise.
I like the pastel colours in this and although there is not much contrast I think it works well.
What do you think ??

I like it. Slightly darkening the foreground will add a little drama to the image (never a bad thing IMO). I have been to this location many times; its a great spot and a lovely capture with great light. Nice work.
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: GlennMorimoto on March 19, 2012, 04:11:26 pm
I totally agree with Slobadan...I might even vignette it AFTER darkening the foreground.
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: Matt S on April 03, 2012, 07:38:45 am
Thanks for looking guys. I will have a re edit with a darker foreground and see how it looks.
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: GlennMorimoto on April 03, 2012, 05:44:46 pm
As usual, Slobodan is spot on with his critique...I fully agree!  Can't wait to see the revised edition.
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 03, 2012, 07:23:54 pm
As usual, Slobodan is spot on with his critique...I fully agree!  Can't wait to see the revised edition.
Yeah, Slobodan is usually right about such things, this time as well.

Eric
Title: Re: Fire in the sky
Post by: rambler44 on April 03, 2012, 08:52:10 pm
Nice sky colors and a very effective foreground.  It has a nice curve making it interesting.