Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Beginner's Questions => Topic started by: malam on March 18, 2012, 03:52:02 pm
-
I just installed the new Lightroom 4 as an upgrade to a previous installation of Lightroom 3.6
My computer is showing both 3.6 and 4.0 installed. Should I have uninstalled the version 3.6 before the new one?
Can I uninstall 3.6 without affecting 4.0 ?
Thanks.
-
Once you are sure that you are happy with LR 4 you can uninstall LR 3.6. If you have any printing or developing presets that you made you may need to manually copy them from the LR 3.6 folder to the LR 4 folder, so see that LR 4 has everything before you delete the presets.
Paul
-
Once you are sure that you are happy with LR 4 you can uninstall LR 3.6. If you have any printing or developing presets that you made you may need to manually copy them from the LR 3.6 folder to the LR 4 folder, so see that LR 4 has everything before you delete the presets.
Paul
Thanks. I also find that when I open some photos in the Develop Module, the Module with the LR3 sliders come up. If I delete LR3.6, will this option also stop? Or is it part of LR4 ?
-
Thanks. I also find that when I open some photos in the Develop Module, the Module with the LR3 sliders come up. If I delete LR3.6, will this option also stop? Or is it part of LR4 ?
The module with the LR3 sliders will come up in LR4 if you are using PV2010, the old process version. Change the process version(in Camera Calibration at the bottom of the Develop Module) and you will see the new sliders. This is all part of LR4.
-
Thanks.