Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: BobDavid on March 18, 2012, 02:22:17 am
-
I ran into some old friends today.
-
I ran into some old friends today.
The one on the left looks a lot like my old buddy. But mine never hung around with Rolleis, only with other Pentexes (and an occasional Calumet 4x5 and a mongrel 8x10).
-
I still use the Rollei. Yes it is my buddie.
-
Always was a bit put out by the inclusion of Honeywell; what did they have to do with making it? Asahi sounded so much more, well, Zen-like! Michigan Testarossa... doesn't quite ring true, does it?
;-)
Rob C
-
I'm with you Rob, my first camera was a Asahi Pentax. It's the first time I've seen this association with Honeywell and it seems odd knowing their defence history.
Cheers,
-
This particular Spotmatic was manufactured in 1970. I think that was towards the end of the run of the Spotmatic brand. I purchased the Pentax about five years ago for $15 to use as a teaching aid for a college-level photo class I taught. The Rollei lived in my pocket for about five years. The optics are excellent, and I always loved using it. I stopped shooting with it around 1992. It still works.
-
... The Rollei lived in my pocket for about five years. The optics are excellent, and I always loved using it. I stopped shooting with it around 1992. It still works.
Same here... Rollei is a funny camera: fixed lens and interchangeable sensors! I still have some sensors left in the cryonics department of my freezer ;)