Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: joony on March 17, 2012, 12:58:30 pm
-
Hey all,
New to the board. Hoping to get some advice on an equivalent substitute for HP's textured fine art paper "HP Hahnemuhle Textured Fine Art Paper 265 gsm" [Q8736A], this came in roll format for the HP wide format printers.
This is HP's page on it: http://h10088.www1.hp.com/cda/gap/display/main/index.jsp?zn=gap&cp=20000-20058-20744-20907%5E87537_4041_100__
I was browsing on Hahnemuhle's website and they have quite a bit of variety...not quite sure which one the HP matches up with...any advice?
Thanks!
-
I would go for the Canson Infinity BFK Rives if you can buy it in USA. I love this paper! Fine textured. Look at this link: http://www.canson-infinity.com/en/bfk310.asp
-
The Textured Fine Art paper is actually a fairly heavily textured paper, and I don't think that any of the current Hahnemuhle papers have as much texture. I'd suggest that you look at Fineline Coarse Art Natural. It's very reasonably priced, and does not have the outrageously fragile surface that the HP paper had.
-
Everything points to Hahnemühle William Turner 310 gsm as the origin of HPś Textured Fine Art. Spectral curves, weight, texture. And WT is still made by Hahnemühle.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
-
Everything points to Hahnemühle William Turner 310 gsm as the origin of HPś Textured Fine Art. Spectral curves, weight, texture. And WT is still made by Hahnemühle.
Everything points to Hahnemühle William Turner 310 gsm as the origin of HPś Textured Fine Art. Spectral curves, weight, texture. And WT is still made by Hahnemühle.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
Oh, yes, your´re right. But I think it will double the price of the HP paper...I have some spare sheets of WT and the paper it´s fantastic. My experiencie with this paper it´s that you have to edit the Paper Preset and tell the printer to feed less ink, or the shadows will be blocked.