Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: SAMurray on March 16, 2012, 05:40:31 pm
-
Took this the other night, was here for an hour waiting for right conditions.
Unfortunatly tide came in and made the curve a bit less pronounced.
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7070/6841731174_29fbbea2f3_b.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/moleeth/6841731174/)
Ythan (http://www.flickr.com/photos/moleeth/6841731174/) by ScottAMurray (http://www.flickr.com/people/moleeth/), on Flickr
-
Not a big fan of this shot. The white balance seems off. No foreground interest, yet that is what holds my eye.
-
I like the shot, but I think it might be more appealing if the exposure were reduced, especially in the foreground. I can visualize you standing there watching a slow race between the setting sun and the incoming tide, wanting the sun to be right for good light while watching the composition you wanted being covered by a rising tide. Mother Nature has no mercy.
-
I do like it. As a wildfowler who spent many happy hours shooting ducks and geese (and catching sea-trout) on the Ythan estuary, I know the scene well and this image is very evocative for me.
-
I could imagine it being a brilliant place for Birds, you do see a good variety whilst you are there.
Although I'm absolutely clueless about birds so it could all be the same species I'm seeing ;D
-
Scott,
This is excellent! 'nuff said!
Barry
-
I'm thinking that a little cropping off of the bottom would make this a mighty nice image.
-
I guess you mean that you don't think patterns in the mud or reflections in the water are worth looking at, not that there aren't patterns in the foreground to look at.
No, I mean that in this photo it doesn't work. I think it could have been improved with better processing, possibly.