Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: ivan muller on March 16, 2012, 07:26:34 am

Title: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: ivan muller on March 16, 2012, 07:26:34 am
I stayed for four days in Lucerne, and it never stopped raining! Please have a look at my blog for some more dull and gloomy images of Lucerne...http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucerne-switzerland.html


(http://i42.tinypic.com/jreas2.jpg)
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on March 16, 2012, 07:51:56 am
I love it!
Great composition and colors.
Good stuff.
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 16, 2012, 09:12:54 am
I love it!
Great composition and colors.
Good stuff.

+1.
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: RSL on March 16, 2012, 09:26:35 am
+5
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: Rob C on March 16, 2012, 10:01:42 am
+5


I'll second that! It's what composition and minimal colour can be all about. Love the style.

Rob C
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: francois on March 16, 2012, 11:34:47 am
I stayed for four days in Lucerne, and it never stopped raining!

I'm surprised, NOT! Literally, Lucerne is call the chamber pot of Switzerland.

Please have a look at my blog for some more dull and gloomy images of Lucerne...http://thelazytravelphotographer.blogspot.com/2012/03/lucerne-switzerland.html

I can only agree with previous comments, your photo is wonderful.
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: RSL on March 16, 2012, 03:49:09 pm
You did okay with what you had to work with, Ivan. The situation reminds me of people who tell me that noon light is no good, or overcast, diffused light is no good, etc., etc. Any light is good. It's just different at different times, and leads to different subjects and situations that can be turned into good photographs.
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on March 18, 2012, 06:16:34 pm
Excellent, I love the abstraction of shape, form and colour, this is what seeing photographically is all about.

Dave
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: ivan muller on March 28, 2012, 07:26:25 am

'I'm surprised, NOT! Literally, Lucerne is call the chamber pot of Switzerland.'

Well, that explains all......and we thought it was just our bad luck......!

Thanks all for looking and the positive comments...!
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: Thomas Krüger on March 28, 2012, 09:43:43 am
Check the 360° panorama from the flood in 2007 at http://360pixel.no-ip.org/360pixel/archives/322
Title: Re: Lucerne, Switzerland
Post by: francois on March 28, 2012, 09:51:51 am
Check the 360° panorama from the flood in 2007 at http://360pixel.no-ip.org/360pixel/archives/322

Aqua alta, swiss version…
Thanks for sharing, Thomas.