Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on March 13, 2012, 12:11:12 pm
-
With spring looming I am getting excited for some more North American photo projects. Last spring I travelled around the Okanagan Valley of BC to try for a few of the special species that live there. These Brewer's Sparrows are certainly not the most charismatic of NA bird species. But I wanted to get a nice image of one in its native habitat. This little guy was up singing on a sage bush which I thought was perfect for him.
All the best!
Glenn
(http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5307/ssparrow02.jpg)
Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Aperture: 7.1
Exposure compensation: +1/3
Flash: On
ISO: 400
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x
-
After all the glorious exotic birds you have shown, I never expected to see a sparrow. But your image of this one on the sage bush is quite elegant and worthy of your attention.
Eric
-
This is simply exquisite.