Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: pixjohn on March 09, 2012, 12:14:45 pm

Title: Mounting Elinchrom softbox on dynalite head
Post by: pixjohn on March 09, 2012, 12:14:45 pm
Anyone have a easy way of mounting an Eelinchrom softbox onto a  Dynalite head?

I purchased a few Deep octa boxes that come with its own speed ring and was told they might fit the Dynalite head by the distributor, but they don't. I drilled out the rivets on one of the holders to open it up and remove the Elinchrom adapter and wanted to replace it with a Dynalite adapter from my Chimera speed ring, but it will not fit. I thought about bolting it to the outside of the speed ring but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas?
Title: Re: Mounting Elinchrom softbox on dynalite head
Post by: Sheldon N on March 09, 2012, 01:14:47 pm
Is it that the diameter is wrong? You could just cut the ring down to the proper diameter. More discussion can be seen here:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1091587