Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Thomas Babut on March 09, 2012, 04:56:34 am

Title: Weather Under Construction
Post by: Thomas Babut on March 09, 2012, 04:56:34 am
Tried to capture yesterdays weather...
Title: Re: Weather Under Construction
Post by: fike on March 09, 2012, 08:56:52 am
Visually this is very interesting.  Color and lighting are really great.  Sky is great, particularly with the bright foreground light against the dark sky. I like the contrast of the dirt piles against the vertical lines of the beams. 

Semantically, the image is lacking.  I can't make any meaning here.  What is the story.  What is the subject.  It could become really great with a caption.  Accompanying a new story about the beginning of construction of some new facility, this shot would be fantastic. 
Title: Re: Weather Under Construction
Post by: RSL on March 09, 2012, 09:06:18 am
I agree with Fike right up to the suggestion that a caption would improve things. A good photograph stands on its own. It's a nice snapshot, and, as Fike says, the colors are intersting. Keep shooting, Thomas.