Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Enda Cavanagh on March 05, 2012, 08:43:46 pm

Title: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on March 05, 2012, 08:43:46 pm
Hi All
I managed to win best single image recently in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards for one of my images of the old disused swimming baths around south county Dublin. I'm sure it's not to everyones tastes but it's one of my all time favorite images. I can tell you it took a long time to come to fruition.

(http://www.endacavanagh.com/Enda's%20Images/Images%20for%20Luminous%20Landscape/Blackrock%20Diving%20Platform%202011%2009%2028_1016542%20PRINT%20FORMAT.jpg)

I'm going to have an exhibition in October consisting of 11 different pieces in the series. I'm going to do them as 1.5m wide acrylics and one 2.725m wide acrylic. I can't wait to see that one I'll tell you.

You can click here (http://www.endacavanagh.com/panoramic_dublin/photographic_art_cityscape_photo_of_an_urban_scene_blackrock_swimming_baths_blackrock_dublin_ireland) to read a bit more about it and see it in a bigger size (Click View Larger image above the image you see first)

Enda

Title: Re: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: luxborealis on March 05, 2012, 08:46:12 pm
Congratulations - a truly remarkable photograph!
Title: Re: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 05, 2012, 11:19:53 pm
Terry is right. Quite remarkable. I add my congratulations, too, and wish your exhibit were on this side of the pond so I could see it.

Eric
Title: Re: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: sierraman on March 05, 2012, 11:45:43 pm
It seems a bit odd you can see the whole sun without the "sunbeams" touching the sun?
Title: Re: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: Enda Cavanagh on March 06, 2012, 05:33:43 am
Oops
I had a few different versions of the jpg in one folder and I accidentally picked an old version. Thanks for spotting. I have added the most recent version. Ya the centre was very difficult to get right. I had to layer mask about 4 images on top of each other so you could see the star burst and get the detail in the concrete. For some reason there was a small gap as you said. (probably some error in the layer mask. The version on my website was already correct.

It seems a bit odd you can see the whole sun without the "sunbeams" touching the sun?
Title: Re: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: SAMurray on March 06, 2012, 05:50:00 am
Very Nice!, i had a lul in  my landscape photography for about a year and a half and in this time i visited a lot of abandoned places in scotland. I was amazed at the textures
and great lighting situations you get in these places.

It's good fun having an explore and even better to get some good photographs out of it :)
Title: Re: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 06, 2012, 08:36:33 am
Very impressive! Congrats!
Title: Re: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: sierraman on March 06, 2012, 09:15:45 am
Much better! :)
Title: Re: Best single pictorial image in the Irish Professional Photographers Awards
Post by: sdwilsonsct on March 06, 2012, 01:34:04 pm
Congratulations Enda! Engaging image.
Scott