Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: famalam on March 05, 2012, 12:22:27 pm

Title: landscape composite
Post by: famalam on March 05, 2012, 12:22:27 pm
Living in souther England, I'm quite limited for chances to find the moment when sky/background/foreground comes together to create something worth shooting, so I took it upon myself to build my own ideal landscape.

(http://i39.tinypic.com/2w7k45d.jpg)

Im quite pleased with it
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: AJMorris on March 05, 2012, 02:03:38 pm
looks like good work to me! If only things were that perfect. the only thing that gets me is the starscape mixed with the bright sky which i assume is sun behind clouds but thats because im a literal kind of guy. The bird is a little distracting to me also. but really Great image, those are just my preferences of course
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: John R Smith on March 05, 2012, 02:54:27 pm
Well, it's great fun. There is a kind of Gothick edge to it which I rather like.

I used to try and do crazy stuff like this in the wet darkroom. I had a pile of negs which were just dramatic skies, ready to be sandwiched in with other foregrounds in the enlarger. Cheating didn't begin with Photoshop  ;)

John
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: Peter McLennan on March 05, 2012, 02:56:58 pm
Interesting image, for sure.  I agree with others about the sky, though.  If it's night (stars), what's that very bright area in the sky all about? 
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: rambler44 on March 05, 2012, 04:19:06 pm
I really like this mystical look.  I miss seeing the bow of the rowboat, ie. a little more space in front of it.
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: famalam on March 05, 2012, 04:19:52 pm
I was trying to go for a kind of dusk feel, but left it with the stars because that is what is above every cloudy/sunny sky. So I tried to make it look like the sun was going down and giving way to the night sky. I guess with limited success! :)
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: Hulyss on March 05, 2012, 04:22:02 pm

Im quite pleased with it

Me too. Great work.
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: Walt Roycraft on March 05, 2012, 05:42:14 pm
+1 for liking the image.
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: jalcocer on March 05, 2012, 05:42:47 pm
great image
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: luxborealis on March 05, 2012, 09:03:14 pm
Great to see such visual creativity. The Durdel Door never looked so dramatic! It is surrealistic, almost fantasy-like, so stars and bright sky go perfectly well together!
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: rgs on March 05, 2012, 10:01:56 pm
If it's night (stars), what's that very bright area in the sky all about?  

Fantasy? Apocalypse? I like it, especially the bird in flight, but I think the bright spot is a bit too bright. There is no way I believe this shot but I never believed Jerry Uelsmann either. Don't have to believe it to enjoy it.
Title: Re: landscape composite
Post by: EduPerez on March 06, 2012, 06:34:15 am
Looks good, very good... perhaps too good to be true.