Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on March 03, 2012, 08:38:50 pm
-
This guy was one of my most wanted hummingbirds in Peru. Before I went down I scoured the internet to see if I could find any good inspiration photos and quickly realized that no quality images existed of this species. Perhaps it is because they live up mostly above 4000m and are pretty patchily distributed?
In any case I was glad to nail this one and I hope you will enjoy the image.
Cheers!
(http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2729/blackbreastedhillstar02.jpg)
Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
Aperture: 5.6
ISO: 400
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x
-
Glenn, I've really been enjoying your images over the last months. It finally occurred to me that one of most remarkable things is your ability to get your lens on this guy before he went elsewhere.
Thanks for the images,
Alan
-
Another truly remarkable image, Glenn.
Honestly - how long did you spend "in pursuit" and/or waiting for this moment – hours? days? weeks?
And how is it that not only is your lighting perfect, but the depth of field on the bird and the plant it is on is also perfect?
I look at the cardinals and goldfinches in my backyard and I could sit for a month of Sundays and not get anything quite so remarkable. You make it look so easy!!
Thanks for sharing.
-
Very Impressive photo, the lighting seems to make the subject even more photogenic.
Just had a nose through you're gallery as well, great stuff!
Makes me wish I wasn't completely useless at photographing anything that moves :P
-
simply beautiful