Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: kers on March 02, 2012, 03:51:50 pm

Title: Looking for Panorama software for a Mac as good as the old ptMac
Post by: kers on March 02, 2012, 03:51:50 pm
Hello, after doing panoramas in the past with ptMac I would like to catch up again.

The good thing of ptMac was that if you did it right you also captured the distortion of your lens at the same time.
Unfortunately the program is not longer supported on OSX 10.6, so I am looking for the better and flexible panosoftware that is available now.

I use it for spherical  360-180 degrees full sphere panos made with a fisheye as well as rectangular straight forward multirow panoramas.
Also my preferred output option is a PSD with masks

Then I am looking for a HTML5 based web output option since flash and java are getting less common used these days

any suggestions?

Title: Re: Looking for Panorama software for a Mac as good as the old ptMac
Post by: RawheaD on March 02, 2012, 03:57:47 pm
Hugin for Mac

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/
Title: Re: Looking for Panorama software for a Mac as good as the old ptMac
Post by: Thomas Krüger on March 02, 2012, 05:10:16 pm
http://www.ptgui.com/download.html
Title: Re: Looking for Panorama software for a Mac as good as the old ptMac
Post by: kers on March 03, 2012, 07:13:15 am
Thanks for the input.

I see both of the suggestions are based on Panorama Tools..

I will look into it !
Title: Re: Looking for Panorama software for a Mac as good as the old ptMac
Post by: francois on March 03, 2012, 09:32:34 am
Thanks for the input.

I see both of the suggestions are based on Panorama Tools..

I will look into it !

You can also visit the AutoPano website: http://www.kolor.com/
Title: Re: Looking for Panorama software for a Mac as good as the old ptMac
Post by: kers on March 04, 2012, 04:19:19 pm
Thank you all! My choice is ptGUI.

1 already know the interface and it is highly flexible.
2 It seems to work very fast
3 the ouput to iPhone as well as the web is very nice indeed

Autopano is quick but has not the flexiblitily i need when things go slightly wrong.
Hugin I cannot use commercialy... and seems to be a raw version of ptGUI