Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: mbalensiefer on March 01, 2012, 09:03:21 am
-
I picked up a new-used NEC PA27 27-inch for $725 all-in. I am pleased.
Using my SVII pucks and SV Software, I am trying to best profile my screen for RGB, AdobeRGB, and then the "Cinema" view.
What should the brightness levels be for these?
-
Brightness level depends on the output and viewing conditions of the output for which you are editing the images on your display. It also depends on the ambient conditions you work in around your display. Please refer to Andrew Rodney's excellent tutorial on this website "Why Are My Prints Too Dark" as well as the numerous threads on this website which have thoroughly discussed the question of luminance parameters for such displays.
-
Here is the article by Andrew Rodney:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml
-
Agree with above posts!
I have set the brightness on my Spectraview monitor at 90 cd/m2.
However, to recommend this setting to anyone else is silly.
A trial and error approach is the way to go.
I printed a file a couple of times after editing the file at a selected monitor brightness and come to the conclusion that 90 cd/m2 gave the best results (where the printed image and projected image most closely matched) for my setup.
Your workspace and its illumination are likely completely different so only generic advice such as I have offered is useful.
Ultimately the "right" monitor brightness is really a creative choice informed by the results one gets with prints or other display options.
Kind Regards
Tony Jay
-
I agree w/ prior postings.
My PA241 is set for 95ish to match the general 'walls of my home' brightness
-
(http://www.hergoods.info/avatar1.jpg)Agree with above posts!