Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: VitOne on March 01, 2012, 05:09:45 am

Title: Intuos 5 - Touch
Post by: VitOne on March 01, 2012, 05:09:45 am
Hi! I had the opportunity to play with the new Intuos 5 touch Small in the past days
Basically you have the same 2048 pressure levels pen technology of the Intuos 4 with added touch (not on all model, but the new Intuos 5 with touch should be cheaper than the old Intuos 4). You can use the same pens that you were using on the Intuos 4 and this is good.
I made a short video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uholvixLFIg to show what this touch support can do inside Photoshop (after 10 sec of customization in the Wacom drivers).
I will soon give you the link to a review with other picture and video.
Title: Re: Intuos 5 - Touch
Post by: VitOne on March 01, 2012, 07:06:26 am
Here is the review: http://managingcolors.blogspot.com/2012/03/wacom-intuos-5-touch.html

And a couple more videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuR_ZM4ZPqU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T2WpU_gDls
Title: Re: Intuos 5 - Touch
Post by: Electromen on March 18, 2012, 10:07:24 pm
I have a medium Intuous 5 being delivered tomorrow.
Title: Re: Intuos 5 - Touch
Post by: Electromen on March 20, 2012, 05:33:32 pm
My medium 5 arrived yesterday.  Installation was easy.  The pen work as expected, similar to my Intuous 3, just more accurate and more sensitive to pressure.
The hand gestures take a little getting used to.  I've gotten rid of the mouse and I'm using the Wacom exclusively.  It's different that the Apple MacBook Air touch pad, it's a little more sensitive to touch.  So far I'm very happy with it.
Title: Re: Intuos 5 - Touch
Post by: mac_paolo on March 21, 2012, 04:43:36 am
Are they really better than the v4.0 models?
I mean: they seems to be a small improvements for the standard use, and the previous line could drop in price quickly. Don't you agree?
Title: Re: Intuos 5 - Touch
Post by: Electromen on March 21, 2012, 06:32:49 am
I'm coming Dom an Intuous3 so I can't comment on the 4
Title: Re: Intuos 5 - Touch
Post by: VitOne on April 13, 2012, 05:34:38 pm
Are they really better than the v4.0 models?
I mean: they seems to be a small improvements for the standard use, and the previous line could drop in price quickly. Don't you agree?

Pen technology is exactly the same. I can tell you after some days of intense use that the extended surface area and the new buttons are real improvements for me, I can do more in the same time. I am a fan of keyboard shortcuts, I use too many of them when I work to be happy with the gestures, but I am sure that Wacom (and software companies) are working to implement more gestures (the hardware supports tons, it is just a matter of software for what I understood). I would go for the 5 with touch support, and I think that is worth the extra money from a 4. Buying the latest product is always more expensive, but when the product allows you to work better, it is definitely worth it.