Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Oldfox on March 01, 2012, 04:26:52 am
-
I have a cyan 3800 cartridge (T5802) which have a date 06.2010.
Is ok to use it? Any risks?
-
it's going to explod....
/D
-
If it has been kept out of direct sunlight, in the box, and not subject to extreme temperatures, it is most likely fine to use.
-
I've not yet read of any problems with longevity of 38xx inks in printers, so it should be fine. Just make sure you give the cart a shake to redistribute the pigment before you install it.
-
I think every cart in my 3800 is at least that far out of date. They all work fine.
Gently turn it 360 degrees for a few minutes before installing.
-
Don't vigorously shake the cartridge. Gentle rocking back and forth a few times to agitate the settled pigment is what you want to do before installing it.