Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: lorenzettifoto on February 29, 2012, 05:41:10 pm
-
other photograph this time in color
be it an HDR of three images in sequence with exposure times of 0.5 1 and 4 seconds
-
really nice shot
-
I think the HDR was done quite well; the green in the moss (or algae) may be a bit too intense given the amount of light in the sky. I really like the composition, and the DOF in this photograph (as well as your others) is is great.
-
I like it, except for the light blue rock/reflection in the upper left. I'd desaturate the blue a little bit or lower the luminance as to me it's a beacon without much of interest once your eye gets there.
Mike.
-
You have reason to think that the blue rock to be distracting, they have problem to get darker after because it can be confused with the clouds low
-
The color processing looks good to me.
But I have a problem with the composition - my eye follows the lines and gets kicked out of the image on the right side.
I also find the halo over the rocks disturbing.
I had a look over to your website and found many of the images beautiful, nicely composed and fun to watch.
But there is a tendency to "overcook" at times.
Especially bright and dark halos come in and I think you should really watch this,
since it can have a nasty impact on the overall impression of your otherwise gorgeous images.
-
Do not be easily resolved on the rocks is a problem of HDR
I am very glad that you visited my site, unfortunately I work with digital photographs from 2007 and some jobs are this year, which had not yet familiar with photoshop
-
I'm with Mike on this image, the rock in the upper left is a problem and with it there's the halos. Other than that, it's a very fine image!
-
ok
When can I return to the place I feel a vertical cut and see if I can remove the breakwater rocks white, perhaps for the halo with photoshop I can improve
-
ok
When can I return to the place I feel a vertical cut and see if I can remove the breakwater rocks white, perhaps for the halo with photoshop I can improve
The halo shouldn't be a problem with Photoshop. If you can go back then try to shoot from different points of view. The current image is far, very far from bad.
-
Great shot all around - composition, lighting, and crafting are first class. You've showcased the moss well, which matches your chosen title.
-
I do not see much halo effect here, but when it is really apparent, try using Layer Masks in Photoshop:
Take a good-looking darker sky from say a -2EV image, and the haloed HDR sky, and open both in PS.
- Drag the -2 EV image over the HDR image using the Move Tool while holding down the shift key to get an exact alignment.
- From the -2EV layer select the sky with the Magic Wand Tool. Uncheck the "Contiguous" and set "Tolerance" to around 20.
- Use Refine Edge to feather the selection **
- Click the Add Layer mask Button (a square with a circle in the center)
-check on and refine the feathered edge as needed
- Save the final image with a new file name, so you do not lose the old file!
Source: Complete Guide to HDR Digital Photography by Ferrell McCollough, Lark Books, pp. 88-89
** In CS5 Under Refine Edge you can choose View as Black and White to see the effect of feathering
BTW Go back and get rid of the blue rock. No excuses!
-
I do not see much halo effect here, but when it is really apparent, try using Layer Masks in Photoshop:
…
It's not a huge halo but it is there, look at the attached image. If this photo is printed big, it'll be visible. It's just a 2 minute job in PS, anyway…
By the way, thanks for the "recipe"!
-
ohh .. Francois, thanks for your lesson
Very interested in this and the rock that you stated is a problem for the image I have noticed only after your critique, my English to be very poor I have written your passages not to forget I try to make again
"recipe" what it means?
-
ohh .. Francois, thanks for your lesson
Very interested in this and the rock that you stated is a problem for the image I have noticed only after your critique, my English to be very poor I have written your passages not to forget I try to make again
"recipe" what it means?
Recipe = ricetta!
I was referring to rambler44's post that describes how to handle HDR. I haven't had the time to try it, though.
-
now have understood the reference to "recipe"
I have tried the vertical format.
Remove from the magenta image and improve the halo
-
This vertical looks good but I still slightly prefer the landscape oriented version, it is more open.
Anyway, two good images!
-
I appreciate the edit (since I asked for it), but I agree with Francois - the original crop was better. I'd go back to a landscape version.
Mike.