Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Dewi Sant on February 27, 2012, 07:46:06 pm

Title: More Scotland
Post by: Dewi Sant on February 27, 2012, 07:46:06 pm
This is from my last trip to Scotland last year. We're going through a house move at the moment - or more specifically trying to find a house that we like enough to move to after the one we wanted fell through - so photography has taken a bit of a back seat. I've been looking though some old RAW files and came across this which I discarded last year as a failure shot. A bit of time spent in P/Shop and I actually love it.  http://www.dewisant-photography.net/dewi_sant_photography_Scotland_3a.htm

Dewi
Title: Re: More Scotland
Post by: francois on February 28, 2012, 03:45:54 am

Dewi,
I can't see why you initally discarded it. it's a good photo. The sky and the light is very "scottish" - I like it!
Title: Re: More Scotland
Post by: jalcocer on February 28, 2012, 08:27:45 am
Dewi,
I can't see why you initally discarded it. it's a good photo. The sky and the light is very "scottish" - I like it!

+1
Title: Re: More Scotland
Post by: Justan on February 28, 2012, 11:15:31 am
The linked foto and the others at your site are great!
Title: Re: More Scotland
Post by: rambler44 on February 28, 2012, 11:22:43 am
Ditto, to Justan.  I like the different tones of the mountains and the forbidding sky.  I am not sure of the brownish foreground, however.  It is hard to make it out and I wonder if it is necessary to include it.
Title: Re: More Scotland
Post by: stpf8 on February 28, 2012, 12:45:28 pm
The contrast of the very dark clouds on the right above the bright water is great, as is that of the white cloud with the other darker clouds -- the epitome of a stormy sky.  I also like the streaming light cascading over the mountains and the relatively narrow band of light clouds between darker clouds above and the dark mountains below.  All of these are elements that make for a very appealing photograph.
Title: Re: More Scotland
Post by: Chairman Bill on February 28, 2012, 01:52:59 pm
It's three years since I was on the West Coast - too long. Time to go back, and your photos are the impetus to sort out a trip.
Title: Re: More Scotland
Post by: seobts on March 04, 2012, 09:17:45 pm
It's very majestic...Thanks you!
Title: Re: More Scotland
Post by: Dewi Sant on March 07, 2012, 05:47:55 pm
Sorry for the delayed reply, the house hunting has kind of taken priority once again. The good news is that I think we've found somewhere at last, our offer has been accepted so tomorrow we get the solicitors and surveyors moving. The house is in a nice semi rural area of Lancashire (England) so I'm hoping to be able to find some nice early morning photo opportunities on my doorstep. We'll have have a few lakes on our doorstep which will help I'm sure.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Dewi