Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: randal21 on February 26, 2012, 11:57:15 am
-
I have a full 350ml ink that Epson replaced due to an error with this chip on the cartridge. I transferred the chip from an empty cartridge of the same color and think I can just reset this chip. Is this feasible? Also, would like to get a chip resetter for my maintenance tank for my 7900 but can only find them for the cartridge chip resets. Any help here?
-
Here you go. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
http://www.inksupply.com/printer_products.cfm/p/Epson_Stylus~Pro_9890.html
I have both the waste tank resetter and the cart resetter and both work fine.
It's crazy that these companies don't offer these to us themselves. It is so easy to refill these maintenance tanks.
john
-
Here's another supplier - this is for the maintenance tank but they also sell the chip resetter for the 7900 http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.5321/.f
-
Thanks guys. Both sites say the maintenance tank resetter won't do the chips. True? Must I buy one for each? This is an unusual event with resetting a cartridge and don't forsee using it very often to justify the $. I have never used any other brand of ink than Epson and don't plan to so the cartridge chipresetter may just sit. Almost be worth it to ship it to someone with a chip resetter and have it done. I just was hoping to reset this ink cartridge chip and use it on my maintenance tank chip in the future.
-
From everything I can tell you do have to buy two separate resetter's.
-
It resets the chip on the maintenance tank but you need the other one for the carts. I"ve tried and it won't work.
Inkjet Mall also sells the one for the carts.
-
Does anyone have a chip resetter for cartridges that would reset a chip for me on an Epson cartridge? thanks.