Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: michswiss on February 25, 2012, 10:31:29 pm
-
Here are a few relatively recent pieces from my ongoing efforts into impressionism.
1)
(http://michswiss.smugmug.com/Architecture-Abstract/Impressionist/i-gbbdb3C/0/L/DS21892-L.jpg)
2)
(http://michswiss.smugmug.com/Architecture-Abstract/Impressionist/i-g3VZ2wS/0/L/DS20026-L.jpg)
3)
(http://michswiss.smugmug.com/Architecture-Abstract/Impressionist/i-GHHdpv4/0/L/DS22103-L.jpg)
4)
(http://michswiss.smugmug.com/Architecture-Abstract/Impressionist/i-MvRBMKt/0/L/DS22118-L.jpg)
-
The last three are interesting in their own way but I find the first one particularly captivating. Not sure why.
Mike.
-
That's what I find fascinating about them. My reactions are visceral, not intellectual, and they vary from time to time. That keeps them interesting for me. They are engaging but elusive and as a viewer I find myself an active participant rather than a passive viewer.
At the moment, #4 and #1 appeal to me the most, and #2 the least. But that probably means I need to spend more time with #2.
Keep 'em coming, please!
Eric
-
Wow - you are really pushing the envelope on photography here - great to see!!
-
I find the first one particularly captivating.
Me too. Perhaps because it is least resolved, and has great lines and colours.
Scott
-
There are too many excellent things about these photos for me to list. However, in #1 the blacks flatten out for me and I cannot make sense of their spacial relation to the modeled forms. Likewise, in #2 the flatted out off-white in the upper center brakes the spacial continuity for me. In #3 the competition between the bright umbrella and the dark figure for the center of interest is wonderful to me. It is reassuring to see so much complexity given dramatic order as in #4.
Bruce
-
Jennifer - this is stunning work.
I'd hang this on my wall as a large print.
Go on !
-
That's my baby!
Best of all I like the 2nd one. I think there is much more reaction in my head to it because there is what I take to be that -for me- essential human element to give it connectivity, mystery on a human scale. That's not to denigrate the others - I just fell for this one immediately.
Great stuff.
Rob C
-
Oh, I was wrong. I had failed to see what #2 was abstracted from and had been trying to put the white up front. Never mind.
Bruce
-
#4 is the one I like more.
-
Thanks guys. I know this is out there sort of stuff and it won't be to everyone's taste, but it's something that lets me explore and experience the city in a new way. It's an active form of photography where neither the camera nor the subjects are static. What I'm trying to work on now is better control over colour, composition and abstraction.
I reckon I have about another 9000 hours to go before I'm competent at this. Who knows, maybe I'll be a photographer one day.
-
Thanks guys. I know this is out there sort of stuff and it won't be to everyone's taste, but it's something that lets me explore and experience the city in a new way. It's an active form of photography where neither the camera nor the subjects are static. What I'm trying to work on now is better control over colour, composition and abstraction.
I reckon I have about another 9000 hours to go before I'm competent at this. Who knows, maybe I'll be a photographer one day.
Bad news, Jennifer: you're an artist, with all the troubles that brings.
Rob C
-
Bad news, Jennifer: you're an artist, with all the troubles that brings.
Rob C
+1000.
-
+1000.
With the recent inflation in numbers I suggest we change the notation:
+101000
Jennifer is one of the few names I regularly check out when I see an image posted.
-
Bad news, Jennifer: you're an artist, with all the troubles that brings.
Rob C
Great, just great :-\
(thanks guys)