Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on February 19, 2012, 09:18:56 am
-
Am going to buy a Sigma SD1 and would like to know if Photo Kit Sharpener 2 will work on these Foveon files?
Mike
-
Don't see why it wouldn't work. When the SD1 files are converted, they are like any other TIFF or JPEG. Photokit only works on finished files, not RAW, so you should be fine. Of course, Jeff Schewe or Andrew Rodney would have the final answer on that one.
-
Having seen much too much oversharpened Foveon images, I'd say you may have to be very careful, or even not need it at all, for the capture sharpening side of things.
The rest should work as usual.
-
Could it be that I asked a sharpening question that stumped the experts?
-
I've never shot a Sigma camera...but once the image is RGB, PKS should do a reasonable job of sharpening...try it and see.