Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Motion & Video => Topic started by: Streetshooter on February 17, 2012, 11:34:53 am

Title: Try doing this with a Digital SLR......
Post by: Streetshooter on February 17, 2012, 11:34:53 am
Interesting !

http://www.nowness.com/day/2012/2/16/1893/jacob-sutton-s-l-e-d-surfer

Pete
Title: Re: Try doing this with a Digital SLR......
Post by: BernardLanguillier on February 17, 2012, 07:02:28 pm
Interesting !

http://www.nowness.com/day/2012/2/16/1893/jacob-sutton-s-l-e-d-surfer

This is plain great, but the idea and implementation of the led outfit represents 99% of the value. I don't see anything remarkable about the technical qualities of the movie, the leds are blown out anyway, I would think that the superior high ISO and cold battery life of top DSLR like the D4 would make it more suitable for this type of shooting?

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: Try doing this with a Digital SLR......
Post by: RobSaecker on February 18, 2012, 01:41:22 pm
It's a very cool idea, but ultimately I'm not that impressed; it ends up looking like CGI to me.
Title: Re: Try doing this with a Digital SLR......
Post by: Sareesh Sudhakaran on February 23, 2012, 11:17:08 pm
I would think that the superior high ISO and cold battery life of top DSLR like the D4 would make it more suitable for this type of shooting?

It can't shoot at 120fps with the dynamic range of the Epic.

I think the compression makes it look worse than it actually is, considering they shot in HDRx mode. It was fun, for the first 10 seconds.
Title: Re: Try doing this with a Digital SLR......
Post by: Chairman Bill on February 24, 2012, 03:22:14 am
It looks like the kind of thing a janitor might use to convince people that the fairground is haunted. And I'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you pesky kids! </scooby_doo_mode>
Title: Re: Try doing this with a Digital SLR......
Post by: michaelnotar on February 25, 2012, 02:07:55 am
would of liked to have seen the video at dusk so there is some background
Title: Re: Try doing this with a Digital SLR......
Post by: feppe on February 25, 2012, 06:32:15 am
would of liked to have seen the video at dusk so there is some background

Have. Have.