Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: TorbenEskerod on February 17, 2012, 09:09:11 am
-
Hi Guys
Has anyone tried the ALPA HPF rings on their Cambo Camera WRS with schneider lenses.
I have the 35XL, 47XL and 72XL and I would like to adapt the rings if possible.
I guess you will have to remove the lens bars ?
The Schneider 35 XL worries me - is there space enough to mount the HPF ring ?
If anyone have some pictures of the Schneider 35 XL in Cambo mount with the HPF ring attached, it would be very helpfull.
Is this a real helpfull addition to the lenses ?
Any real life experience will be appriciated.
Thanks a lot.
Torben
-
I have one on the 35XL works fine and the rest will work fine except lenses with the TS mount. I also HATE the bars so i removed them from all my lenses.
-
What is the issue with the rings on the TS mounts ?
Regards
Mark
-
I have one on the 35XL works fine and the rest will work fine except lenses with the TS mount. I also HATE the bars so i removed them from all my lenses.
Hi Guy
Thank a lot this is good news. I cant figure out how the ring will fit the 35XL (see attached image) due to plate construction.
I hate the bars and have removed them too - now I only wish I could turn the lens upside down (as on a normal view camera) ... ;-)
Do you by any chance have a photograph of your 35XL lens with the ring attached ?
How do you find working with the rings, are they accurate or do use the Live View on your IQ160 (I have the same back)
Cheers
Torben
-
Never mind :)
I just receieved my first TS Cambo lens today from Mr Fedex (Well, capture integration really), and there is no way you can add a HPF ring onto the focusing ring. The Knobs for the TS are too close to it.
Regards
Mark.
-
Exactly the TS mount just gets in the way. The ring on the 35 is very accurate but you may want to calibrate the lens for infinity mine was off and after calibration infinity mark is infinity.
-
look at post 480 and following
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/29667-technical-camera-images-10.html
-
look at post 480 and following
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/29667-technical-camera-images-10.html
Thanks, that sure looks interesting..
BTW just ordered 3 HPF rings for my system - in a little while I will know for myself if it will work.
Thanks everyone for feedback.
Cheers
Torben
-
Hi Torben, this is an old post but wanted to know how did the HPF rings work on your lenses? did you find them useful? i was planning to get one for my cambo 35xl lens. thanks, Harshan
-
Hi,
i am interested too..
Thank you.
cyron