Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: sanvandur on February 15, 2012, 04:33:45 pm

Title: ColorMunki: trouble selecting media type in Epson driver
Post by: sanvandur on February 15, 2012, 04:33:45 pm
I'm trying to print the "test chart" in ColorMunki to make an ICC profile on my Epson 3800. I'm on Mac 10.6.8. For some reason, I can't select any of the "Fine Art Paper" (I need Velvet Fine Art Paper) options in "Media Type". Any ideas about how to accomplish this?

Title: Re: ColorMunki: selecting media type in Epson driver
Post by: howardm on February 15, 2012, 05:43:20 pm
Usually, that's because you have not selected the proper feed path in the Page Setup...  menu for the paper in question.  Epson decrees that certain papers must be used w/ certain paths.
Title: Re: ColorMunki: selecting media type in Epson driver
Post by: sanvandur on February 15, 2012, 05:45:16 pm
Thing is... when printing from ColorMunki there is no Page Setup available in the Epson Driver like it usually is from any other application. That's the problem I'm dealing with. ColorMunki seems to have its own default letter paper size through the standard sheet feeder. I need Velvet Fine Art going through the "manual front" feeder. But again, when printing through ColorMunki page setup is gone. Any workarounds?
Title: Re: ColorMunki: selecting media type in Epson driver
Post by: sanvandur on February 16, 2012, 10:11:51 am
Finally figured it out.
Here's the fix in the printer driver:
Title: Re: ColorMunki: trouble selecting media type in Epson driver
Post by: erikav11 on October 23, 2013, 03:33:50 am
Just in case anyone else is looking for the answer, here is what worked for me...

In Paper Handling section check Scale to fit paper size then select size of paper and Manual Rear. Then go back to Printer Settings and you will have access to Fine Art Paper --> Velvet Fine Art Paper.