Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on February 14, 2012, 10:35:10 pm

Title: The art of conversation
Post by: BernardLanguillier on February 14, 2012, 10:35:10 pm
Team,

I don't know about you, but I am rarely able to add significant additional value to a thread after my 2nd or 3rd comment in the said thread. The next posts are mostly a repeat of what I already wrote.

Since I know most of you typically get the point the first time I'll try to stick to this simple guideline from now on. More time to photography! :-)

Cheers,
Bernard
Title: Re: The art of conversation
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 14, 2012, 11:45:29 pm
... Since I know most of you typically get the point the first time...

Right!

P.S. Not sure if I would be able to add any additional value to the point above later on in this thread ;)
Title: Re: The art of conversation
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on February 15, 2012, 03:32:37 am

I don't know about you, but I am rarely able to add significant additional value to a thread after my 2nd or 3rd comment in the said thread. The next posts are mostly a repeat of what I already wrote.

+1


I was tempted to leave it there ;). If you can make two or three useful contributions (and I agree that you generally do), you're managing more than most of us. Myself included.

Jeremy
Title: Re: The art of conversation
Post by: Rob C on February 15, 2012, 09:13:52 am
I think things find their own termination point, different, probably, for each person.

The problem is basically two-fold: people are seldom convinced enough by opposing arguments to really accept them and change their own stance; with some peole it becomes a case of losing or not losing face, which turns it into a last-man-standing scenario which is the most boring thing into which to drift. It used to be okay in western movies, but not on the web.

Rob C