Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Bill Koenig on February 13, 2012, 04:04:02 pm
-
I like Epson luster as a proofing paper for my 3800, its inexpensive and has a nice deep black.
I've been printing pano's lately and needed something longer than cut sheets so I figured I'd pick up a 17" roll of Epson luster.
Well guess what, Epson only offers luster in 16" wide rolls, what's up with that, only 16 inches wide, and yet they have a 17" wide printer, what were they thinking???
So now I'm looking for a replacement. I see that Red river has UltraPro Satin 2.0 and Arctic Polar Luster. How might these compare to Epson luster?
Any other suggestions are welcome.
-
http://www.inkjetart.com/cart/inkjetart-micro-ceramic-luster-17x100-roll-3core-p-9659.html (http://www.inkjetart.com/cart/inkjetart-micro-ceramic-luster-17x100-roll-3core-p-9659.html)
Almost a dead ringer for Epson Luster.......weight, finish, feel. I haven't used it in about 4 years so it may have changed since then.
Rich
-
Try Breathing Color's Lustre. 17" rolls. Pretty much the same as Epson's Lustre or Kodak Professional's Lustre. It's hard to make photo lustre paper exciting. :)
http://www.breathingcolor.com/action/bc_shop/177/
ken
-
I like Epson luster as a proofing paper for my 3800, its inexpensive and has a nice deep black.
I've been printing pano's lately and needed something longer than cut sheets so I figured I'd pick up a 17" roll of Epson luster.
Well guess what, Epson only offers luster in 16" wide rolls, what's up with that, only 16 inches wide, and yet they have a 17" wide printer, what were they thinking???
So now I'm looking for a replacement. I see that Red river has UltraPro Satin 2.0 and Arctic Polar Luster. How might these compare to Epson luster?
Any other suggestions are welcome.
I really can't answer the main point in your question. As to "what were they thinking", the market for 16" rolls are photographers who print the traditional 16x20 and 16x24 borderless prints. That's where the demand is. Luster is typically a paper used by those wanting a traditional E surface photographic print look. I was going to suggest inkjetart but see that was already brought up while I was typing this reply.
Make sure you have a good way to get the pano paper in square if it's 17" ... no room for error if it isn't tracking perfectly straight.
-
as much as I love breathing color I have to go with Moab Lasal Exhibition Luster hands down over BC's vibrance luster.