Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on February 12, 2012, 11:56:09 am

Title: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on February 12, 2012, 11:56:09 am
I took these images July last year.
I have planned to return there and take more images.
Unfortunately 2 films were lost due to a technical problem during development, so there is just few left, but it depicts what I am going to try when I return.
You can see these as "concept shots".
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: popnfresh on February 13, 2012, 12:26:36 am
These are all very nice from a technical standpoint, but the last one rises to the level of art.
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: WalterEG on February 13, 2012, 07:21:12 am
Christoph,

I see a celebratory essay taking shape here.  I envy you your location — it is quite a wonderful space.

It is true that the standout shot is the last you have presented.  It could stand alone without the essay as well as being a punctuation point.

Cheers,

Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: jalcocer on February 13, 2012, 08:36:15 am
the first one and the last one for me, I like them a lot, specially the last one.
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: RSL on February 13, 2012, 09:08:35 am
Isn't that last one where Johnny froze to death?
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: larkvi on February 13, 2012, 12:46:28 pm
I too strongly prefer the last one. The third one seems like it could benefit greatly from the camera being closer to the ground, so that there is more of a feel of the path leading on to somewhere (I am assuming use of a wide-angle lens). The second one needs more separation of subject from background, to me--either shallower DOF or a different relationship between the trees and the subject.
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: popnfresh on February 13, 2012, 03:17:07 pm
Isn't that last one where Johnny froze to death?

 :D :D :D :D
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: Ken Bennett on February 13, 2012, 04:10:31 pm
The last one is the best. Atget meets the maze from Harry Potter. Creepy and beautiful at the same time.
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: RSL on February 13, 2012, 04:23:59 pm
Guess Pop's the only one who saw "The Shining."
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on February 14, 2012, 12:00:23 pm
#4 is excellent, I love landscape abstracts and image 4 is right on the money for me, #3 is good, but #4 is as I have already said, excellent.

Dave
Title: Re: Mansion ensemble and overcast park studies
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on February 14, 2012, 04:26:31 pm
Thanks for the nice words everyone - I now feel encouraged to go on with that vision.