Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: NigelC on February 08, 2012, 05:03:42 am

Title: Re-installing Photoshop
Post by: NigelC on February 08, 2012, 05:03:42 am
I need to re-install everything on my newish laptop, including the operating system (W7).

I have, on disc, PS7 full programme, CS2 upgrade, CS4 upgrade and CS5 upgrade - I just can't remember (creeping senile dementia!) what I did when I migrated from the old laptop, but I know if I put CS5 upgrade disc in alone on a clean re-install it won't be valid. Do I have start with PS7?

BTW, I'm not re-installing from a backup utility because that may just replicate the issues i currently have.
Title: Re: Re-installing Photoshop
Post by: Bart_van_der_Wolf on February 08, 2012, 05:22:03 am
I need to re-install everything on my newish laptop, including the operating system (W7).

I have, on disc, PS7 full programme, CS2 upgrade, CS4 upgrade and CS5 upgrade - I just can't remember (creeping senile dementia!) what I did when I migrated from the old laptop, but I know if I put CS5 upgrade disc in alone on a clean re-install it won't be valid. Do I have start with PS7?

BTW, I'm not re-installing from a backup utility because that may just replicate the issues i currently have.

Hi Nigel,

From digging in my own memory... You first deactivate the current version. You then install from DVD and when prompted you're asked for the activation code for the previous/latest full, non-upgrade, version. It is not necessary to install earlier versions, you'll just have to type the information that can otherwise be found on the disk. Should things go wrong, it might help to first register your current software before reinstalling, so Adobe has a track record of your licences.

Cheers,
Bart
Title: Re: Re-installing Photoshop
Post by: NigelC on February 08, 2012, 05:36:57 am
Thanks - yes I have registered the software in the past