Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: deanwork on February 06, 2012, 12:36:40 pm
-
Does anyone know if you can reprogram the chip on the Canon LF waste tanks like you can on the new Epson's and fill them with your own absorbent material. It seems easy if there is a chip resetter available anywhere.
john
-
http://canonipf.wikispaces.com/Reset+Maintenance+Tank
-
what kind of material would you use?
-
Thanks Scott,
I guess no one in China is making chip reprogrammer devices for Canon's yet.
It is still unbelievable to me that the HpZ has a tank that lasts for 3 or 4 years and the Epson 10K had one one that lasted for 10 years and now they think it is acceptable to buy a new one on the new Epson and Canon LF machines every month or so when any child could replace the absorbent material in one in about 5 minutes, if we could reprogram these chips. I guess they think we are just stupid or lazy, or both.
j
-
For my 8100 I bought a new chip for the tank for $25.00 from Ron Glazer at www.nylisuplly.com.
I haven`t tried it yet as it still reads 20% left. Instructions are included.
-
Here is the correct link
http://www.nylisupply.com/ (http://www.nylisupply.com/)
-
Thanks a lot guys. Their website doesn't seem to functioning for order yet, but you can call them.
Glad someone has created one of these.
john
Here is the correct link
http://www.nylisupply.com/ (http://www.nylisupply.com/)