Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on February 06, 2012, 09:45:42 am

Title: Print Shield?
Post by: Mike Sellers on February 06, 2012, 09:45:42 am
Hi,
Are you using Print Shield on canvas printed with a Canon such as the 8100? I use Fredrix 901 with a Canon 8100 using Matte Canvas Media Type and even after drying for a week I got lift of the black when rolling Eco Printshield. I never had this problem when I was using an Epson 7800. Should I try Special 6 as a starting point and see how photo black acts? Is there anything wrong with using photo black on a matte surface canvas like Fredrix 901? Would photo black be harder to lift off with a roller?
Mike
Title: Re: Print Shield?
Post by: LenR on February 06, 2012, 11:34:54 am
This was a rule long ago and I break it frequently but:

When using water-base inks use a solvent top coat.

When using solvent inks use a water-base topcoat.

(If you are over inking that may be a different matter.)

FWIW