Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Josh-H on February 06, 2012, 07:35:28 am
-
I dont do much B&W - but every now and again I find a shot that just doesn't seem to work in colour and really sings in monochrome.
From my 2011 November / December Antarctica expedition
Thoughts and comments welcome as always.
-
Wow, those clouds are fantastic, like a lion's paw or a carnivorous flower!
B/W works perfectly here, I don't think that color could add anything to your image.
-
Love the contrast, the clouds look amazing!
-
That's just the kind of image that loves B&W. Great shot, Josh!
Eric
-
Absolutely glorious.
Jeremy
-
B&W is definitely the way to go here, and the wispiness of the clouds makes a great contrast to the hill below, which bears a rough resemblance to a cervid skull. Life passes so fast!
Mike.
-
Very dramatic!
My only negative is that one can see the effects of using the 'structure' slide in LR....which is the darker edge effects next to some clouds. I find that the higher the resolution of the camera the better it can handle the 'structure' slider but clouds and sky's can sometimes be a bit problematic...anyone know of a technique to 'fix' it... :)
-
Very nice!
Cheers,
Bernard