Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: henrikfoto on February 05, 2012, 08:03:49 am

Title: I need a good lens-mechanic!
Post by: henrikfoto on February 05, 2012, 08:03:49 am
I need to have some good quality adapters made with unusual meassures.

Who are doing these kind of handwork?

Henrik
Title: Re: I need a good lens-mechanic!
Post by: Walter Schulz on February 05, 2012, 08:13:24 am
Are there optics and electronic connectors involved or is it just "Thread on both ends (or bayonet to thread or bayonet to bayonet) and some metal between"?

If you need a mechanic coupling only any better craftsman with an decent lathe and grinder will do the job.

Ciao, Walter
Title: Re: I need a good lens-mechanic!
Post by: Kerry L on February 05, 2012, 08:16:00 am
Here is a company with history of good reviews, S.K. Grimes ( http://www.skgrimes.com/), located in Rhode Island, USA. I heard that the owner has passed way however the business is now run by service technicians & people that he trained.

I've no personal experience with them but have read several referrals by others.
Title: Re: I need a good lens-mechanic!
Post by: henrikfoto on February 05, 2012, 10:45:25 am
There is no electronics to it. Just mechanical work.

Thank you both!

Henrik
Title: Re: I need a good lens-mechanic!
Post by: asf on February 05, 2012, 03:12:55 pm
I can recommend SK Grimes, extremely good at what they do