Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Computers & Peripherals => Topic started by: Enir on February 04, 2012, 08:28:36 pm
-
I am considering the replacement of my aging Lacie monitor Photon20Vision II. A friend recommends the Nec P221W. Can someone tell me how good it is? I am on a limited budget, say 500€. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
-
You are sure 1680x1050 is sufficient to your needs?
Review at prad.de: http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2009/review-nec-p221w.html
Ciao, Walter
-
It's all I can afford. What's the difference between S-IPS (the one my old monitor has) and S-PVA, the NEC P221W, which they tell me it is better?
Enrique
-
The P221W is the entry level SpectraView system. Other than not being an IPS, it is a very good product. If that is the limit of your budget (you can’t go PA series), I can’t think of an alternative that gives you this bang for the buck (a smart display system).
-
The P221W is the entry level SpectraView system. Other than not being an IPS, it is a very good product. If that is the limit of your budget (you can’t go PA series), I can’t think of an alternative that gives you this bang for the buck (a smart display system).
Andrew,
Do you know if the NEC P221W is better for photography than the Lacie Photon20Vision II that I have been using for the last 6 years?
Enrique
-
Do you know if the NEC P221W is better for photography than the Lacie Photon20Vision II that I have been using for the last 6 years?
Oh yeah much better.
-
Oh yeah much better.
Bought it!
Thank you!
Enrique
-
Bought it!
Hope you got the SpectraView software in the bundle (and a supported instrument). That’s key!
-
Hope you got the SpectraView software in the bundle (and a supported instrument). That’s key!
I don't think the SpectraView was mentioned. I do have Gretag's Eye-One macht III calibrator, though. Is that good enough?
Enrique
-
That calibrator will work, you just need the SpectraView software (I think it is $89) to drive it.
-
That calibrator will work, you just need the SpectraView software (I think it is $89) to drive it.
:(
My Eye One software won't work?
-
That calibrator will work, you just need the SpectraView software (I think it is $89) to drive it.
Nec has it as a free download.
-
:(
My Eye One software won't work?
Not by taking full advantage of that display. SpectraView drives the calibration using the panel hardware. That is what makes this such a big deal. EyeOne doesn’t. You set the calibration targets you want in SpectraView, put the Eyeone on the display and walk away, the software communicates with the panel hardware and does all the work.
The free NEC software is MultiProfiler which isn’t supported in this display.
-
Andrew,
Your help has been invaluable. Thank you very much.
Enrique Irazoqui