Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chairman Bill on February 03, 2012, 04:20:55 pm

Title: A winter landscape
Post by: Chairman Bill on February 03, 2012, 04:20:55 pm
C& C welcome

Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: jalcocer on February 03, 2012, 04:28:53 pm
Nice shot, like the fine line of sun at the right!!
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: RSL on February 03, 2012, 07:13:18 pm
Brrr. Usually I'd complain about the blue color cast, but in this case it works. Good shooting, Bill.
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: louoates on February 03, 2012, 09:15:34 pm
Very effective portrayal of why I'm glad to be living in Arizona.
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: shutterpup on February 03, 2012, 11:49:54 pm
Very effective portrayal of why I'm glad to be living in Arizona.

+1 for Arizona!
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: Chairman Bill on February 04, 2012, 05:22:16 am
Brrr. Usually I'd complain about the blue color cast, but in this case it works. Good shooting, Bill.

Thanks, but taking on board the issue of the colour cast, here's a slight re-working ...

Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: jalcocer on February 04, 2012, 08:49:08 am
Looks better, oh man, I want snow!
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 04, 2012, 10:55:29 am
#2 is a big improvement. Lots of extra dimensionality.
Scott
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: Chairman Bill on February 04, 2012, 11:16:30 am
That works better for the  almost square format. The predawn version worked better for me in a more panoramic format.
Frank
I think maybe you've posted in the wrong thread. Just a thought  :)
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: RSL on February 04, 2012, 03:25:52 pm
Yes! Just the right amount of blue. A truly fine shot.
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: Vincen77o on February 15, 2012, 04:43:55 am
Very effective portrayal of why I'm glad to be living in Arizona.

I've recently escaped being snowed in at GC, Arizona.

Came home to Blighty and did get snowed in.

Nice re-working Bill.
Title: Re: A winter landscape
Post by: Walt Roycraft on February 22, 2012, 09:08:35 am
Love the first version.  The warmer one ruins the feel of
isolation and cold winters day.