Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: KirbyKrieger on February 01, 2012, 11:31:41 am

Title: NEC special sale: refurbished LCD2490WUXI2-BK-R, $262 US
Post by: KirbyKrieger on February 01, 2012, 11:31:41 am
http://www.necdisplay.com/p/desktop-monitors/lcd2490wuxi2-bk-r?utm_source=Leap%2BYear%2FOverstock%2BPromo&utm_medium=Leap%2BYear%2FOverstock%2BPromo&utm_term=lcd2490wuxi2-bk-r&utm_content=Leap%2BYear%2FOverstock%2BPromo&utm_campaign=Leap%2BYear%2FOverstock%2BPromo

NEC just announced a February sale on this monitor.  The price seemed good enough to warrant a mention here.  I have used one of these for almost two years, and recommend it for color-critical work.  It is _not_ wide gamut.  It works with NEC's SpectraView II software, which one will have to purchase separately (I don't think the monitor being offered ships with the software).

That's all.  The usual caveats: I own one, I like it, I recommend it, It seems a good deal -- but I'm not responsible for your buying decision  ;) .  No affiliation with NEC whatsoever.
Title: Re: NEC special sale: refurbished LCD2490WUXI2-BK-R, $262 US
Post by: howardm on February 01, 2012, 12:06:46 pm
I wonder if they replace the backlights on a refurb.   ??? ??? ???
Title: Re: NEC special sale: refurbished LCD2490WUXI2-BK-R, $262 US
Post by: Craig Lamson on February 02, 2012, 12:31:36 am
NEC replaced my 2690 with a refurb under warranty and it only had a few hours on the clock.  Don't know what was done to it but it works perfectly.