Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Marlyn on February 01, 2012, 10:06:26 am
-
Context:
I'm putting together a Cambo WRS-AE system with an IQ160, and looking at lens options.
Primary use is landscape, both single shot, and stitching. I'd like to maximise the various stitching options on this camera.
My most used landscape lens on DSLR, is 90mm TS-E
One of the issues, is Lens image circle, so I am considering is the WDS-862, Schneider 5.6/60 L Apo-Digitar lens, which has a massive 120mm image circle. with T/S Lenspannel.
Has anyone actually used this lens, on an IQ160, especially for stitching on the cambo, and can comment on its performance, resolution, cast, etc etc.
Would appreciate any comments, or possibly alternatives.
Lens Kit i'm considering is:
32 mm Rodenstock
60mm Scheinder (Main)
120mm Scheider (longer)
Regards
Mark.
-
Mark, I know you want to hear about experiences with an IQ160 however I have the P65+...
I've been using the same 3-lens kit now for several years with my WRS1000; 35mm, 72mm and the 120mm. If your most used focal length was 90mm then the closest to that in MF terms would be the 120mm which has a huge amount of shifting abilities.
Good luck on your quest
Don
-
I have the new 60mm on my Cambo AE with TS you must be reading my gear list. LOL
Absolutely a killer lens. Just had it a short time but maybe my favorite of all time and trust me that is a freaking long time . Here are some test shots with it
Follow my posts starting at 567
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/29667-technical-camera-images-12.html
I lost a post here but I do have a IQ 160 with SK 35 and a SK 90 with a Alpa focusing ring on it that is a great lens but I am selling it for a bit longer lens the 120. I leave Friday for a workshop so if you have interest in it or anyone else let me know right away. Thanks
BTW I just calibrated the 90mm also it is perfect now.
-
Thanks,
That is what I was hoping to hear :)
Just ordered the lens with the new kit, will see !
Regards
Mark
-
I'm looking at this and a couple of others too and I'm very confused. Maybe one of you experts can fill me in please?
The new crop of digital Schneiders all seem to be rated at a peak performance around f8, some of them, f11. This seems to be DSLR territory, not medium or large format Isn't this a very shallow depth of field for this type of lens? Thanks.