Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: stewdavid on February 01, 2012, 04:06:49 am
-
Hi, I feel a bit cheeky hitting you with a problem with my first post, but hope someone can help.
I have been using the HP Z3100 for a few years with no problems then we reformatted the Imac and loaded os10.6. I went to do a new ICC profile yester day but when you go to the first box, you can enter a name into it but the paper type is just greyed out and you cannot go further.
I have reloaded the printer driver......although I thought I used to use a PS driver and not a raster driver, the raster driver is the only one on teh HP download site now.
Any guidance gratefully listened to
stew
-
welcome..
did u look at the PS place for the PS driver? just an idea *
2 answers that come up to me..
you have the maximum custom presets installed!!.. delete one.. try again
sometimes i cant select one.. then i have to pull the power cord at the printer.. and start again.
and sometimes even the printers are gone in the HPPU.. then i have to deinstall the hppu.. start the computer.. reinstall it
-
I wondered if there was a maximum number of profiles/ Thank you..any how I delete some. They are all on the printer of course...off to look
-
yes. you have to delete them within the printer!
its pretty limited on the 31.. not so on the 32..
-
I am struggling to work out how to delete them. Been through all the settings. Can you advise please
stew
-
well you dont do it AT the printer.
you have to run the hp printer utility.. go to color center.. last point color settings (dont know the english there).. and from THERE you can delete the whole preset!! in the printer
-
Printer Utility> Color Center>Paper>Preset Management>Delete Preset
But if the communication with your printer is flawed you can not add or remove presets and I think you can not remove the basic presets as available when the printer is virgin. Like you can not have too many presets.
I would power down the printer first, with the power button at the back too and then up again and try both add and remove again in both directions.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst
Shareware too:
330+ paper white spectral plots:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
-
Thanks, yes it is looking like a communication problem......will try doing a reboot
-
Sorted....thank you for all your help. I had rebooted it but only by switching it off............this time I unplugged the lead and counted to 100 before plugging the lead back in........its working.....very relieved
stew