Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: hellbike on January 31, 2012, 09:42:23 am
-
I struggle finding book right for me. Lots of books seems to be more like software manuals with useful tips, rather than books presenting more advanced approach to post processing.
Could you recommend anything?
I'm looking for separate books about color/overal pp and b&w pp.
-
The classic text "The Art of Black and White Photography," long out of print and scarce (and expensive) on the used-book market, has just been reissued in an updated form and is available on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1933952962/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details
You may find it is what you're in part looking for.
-
Hi. I find I learn faster off a DVD.
http://acmeeducational.com/ and http://www.lynda.com/ are both excellent.
-
These are the best two books I have found on creating a master file for printing (and I've read a few!)
B&W Printing: Creating the Digital Master Print (http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Masters-Printing-Creating-Photography/dp/1600591655/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328329258&sr=1-1)
and
Digital Photography Fine Print Workshop (http://www.amazon.com/George-DeWolfes-Digital-Photography-Workshop/dp/0072260874/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328329258&sr=1-3)
He does tend to push his own software products a bit, but other than that they are excellent.
Incidentally, I also have the book referred to above. It's 90% composition and doesn't really go into any depth about PP, just a little about B&W conversions.
-
I know that you are interested in books, but http://www.digitalmonochromeforum.co.uk/threads/841-New-Contrast-Grading-DVD-Second-Edition is a very good video tutorial available on dvd.