Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: michswiss on January 31, 2012, 07:04:30 am

Title: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: michswiss on January 31, 2012, 07:04:30 am
Continuation of the lifeless series...

1)
(http://michswiss.smugmug.com/Architecture-Abstract/Architecture/i-MMmFrwN/1/XL/DS20778-XL.jpg)

2)
(http://michswiss.smugmug.com/Architecture-Abstract/Architecture/i-vXnHwQG/1/XL/DS20305-Version-5-XL.jpg)

3)
(http://michswiss.smugmug.com/Architecture-Abstract/Architecture/i-hF2gMrL/1/XL/DS28922-XL.jpg)

4)
(http://michswiss.smugmug.com/Architecture-Abstract/Architecture/i-5t5LBct/0/XL/DSC7423-XL.jpg)
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: jalcocer on January 31, 2012, 08:39:29 am
#1 and #4, specially love the shadows on #4, on #1 don't know if may be my monitor but the stairs seem too dark, only a little fine light on some steps, but it's a good shot also. good job
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 31, 2012, 10:04:06 am
I love them all, especially the moods in #1 and #3.

Well seen!

Eric
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: RSL on January 31, 2012, 10:47:36 am
+1. And that's two "good seeing"s in one day. One here and one on Street & PJ. Glad to see you're getting out and shooting more, Jennifer.
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: Rob C on January 31, 2012, 02:53:57 pm
For me, number three!

Rob C
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: Roberto Frieri on January 31, 2012, 03:53:11 pm
I like how lines and shadows work together in the image n. 4.
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: michswiss on January 31, 2012, 05:54:32 pm
I've been collecting "architectural" shots for a few years.  Still have a few that might be worth posting that I'll put up over the next few weeks.  Thanks for the thoughts Russ.  While these shots are not fresh, the one on the other forum was from yesterday.  I can handle a camera for short sessions and sometimes I just have to shoot.  I have a few other fresh images that I'll share across the two forums soon.
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 31, 2012, 07:01:44 pm
I look forward to them. And I'll have to check out Street & PJ.

Eric
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: EduPerez on February 01, 2012, 02:59:04 am
For me, number three!

Rob C

Me too...

The mood in #1 is interesting, but not that interesting to make the shot; #2 is too abstract to know what I am looking at, but not abstract enough to make me focus in the shapes or textures; and I find #3 too cluttered. Just my humble opinion.

#3 has moody colors, interesting textures, hidden zones, a path to follow, ...
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: ivan muller on February 01, 2012, 07:06:27 am
mmmmm, generally, three and four works for me...
Title: Re: Shoots and ladders (four images)
Post by: jalcocer on February 01, 2012, 10:33:28 am
have to add #3 to my list, everytime I take another look it pleases me more!