Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: DThomas on January 30, 2012, 08:18:45 pm

Title: LR Integration w/ LR 3
Post by: DThomas on January 30, 2012, 08:18:45 pm
Currently, I'm using Lightroom to process raw files for stitching, then converting to 16-bit Tiffs and exporting to a folder.  Then I open PTGui Pro and drop in the Tiff files and process my panoramas.  Finally I save the pano back to a folder and then import back into LR.  The process if much easier  going from LR to PS CS5 for stitching, but then stitching is limited as I use the ghost reduction and HDR processing in PTGui.  Is there a more integrated process for getting this done?  Thanks for any help you can give me.
Dave
Title: Re: LR Integration w/ LR 3
Post by: wolfnowl on January 31, 2012, 01:53:26 am
I've not used PTGui so I'm not sure of the interface, but have you tried setting it up as an External Editor in LR? That way you could select the images and simply 'Edit In...' from the Develop module.

Mike.

Title: Re: LR Integration w/ LR 3
Post by: DThomas on January 31, 2012, 09:22:31 pm
Thanks for responding.  I have used the "Edit In..." selection, but when I export images to be stitched, it only exports the first image and will not continue whith the whole secquence.  This LR feature seems to work quite well with various plug-ins, be does not recognize PTGui.

Dave
Title: Re: LR Integration w/ LR 3
Post by: howardm on January 31, 2012, 09:56:42 pm
It's one of the times I tend to use Capture NX2 (for Nikon .nefs) to batch generate .jpg or .tiff for input to PTgui from pre LR imports, do my pano work and then just import the final pano and discard the .jpg/.tiff's

would be nice if it was a bit more 'integrated'
Title: Re: LR Integration w/ LR 3
Post by: john beardsworth on February 01, 2012, 05:09:26 am
With Photoshop, they can tell its panorama or HDR features to "take these x files from LR and bake them into a single TIF". Your issue with PTGui is that LR has no idea that PTGui's output is a single file and so LR assumes that it's like other external editors and works on single images.
Title: Re: LR Integration w/ LR 3
Post by: Walter Schulz on February 01, 2012, 07:04:41 pm
I have used the "Edit In..." selection, but when I export images to be stitched, it only exports the first image and will not continue whith the whole secquence.  This LR feature seems to work quite well with various plug-ins, be does not recognize PTGui.

Works fine for me on Windows: Marking multiple images in LR, "Edit In ..." via preconfigured item and all files are there in PTgui to start a new project. But I read about those problems with Mac OS. If you're working with Mac OS you might want to contact PTgui support team via their forum.

Ciao, Walter