Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on January 30, 2012, 09:34:35 am
-
As everybody on LuLa knows, I'm not much of a landscaper, but here's one from about 4 years ago that I ran across while I was looking for some pictures for a web I'm building. As I said in Dale's thread, fog's always fun to play around with.
-
And as everyone can see from this image, that, although you do not prefer landscape, you do it well. Well done.
Dale V.
-
Russ, this is a great picture, enough fog to emphasize the foreground but still good enough to see some nice things on the back, like that bench on the right side, gives the picture more appealing, well at least to me.
-
I'm not much of a landscaper
Don't sell yourself too short Russ - it is as good as one sees here (and I mean that in the best possible way).
The yellow flowers add just the right amount of colour to the rest of the picture which is more subdued.
At the risk of starting a whole new flurry of arguments - no ready sign of the "hand of man" which makes it even better coming from you! ;)
William
-
There's a bench on the right, at the top of the lawn.
-
William is right, Russ. You are your own worst critic, at least when it comes to landscape. This one is excellent, for all the reasons just mentioned.
Eric
-
There's a bench on the right, at the top of the lawn.
Indeed there is, but it is quite small and nicely veiled by the fog, so it doesn't detract too much.
I'm willing to grant Russ the inclusion of "the Little Toe of Man" in any of his landscapes.
Eric
-
Thanks all for looking and commenting.
Eric, I think I'd rather call the bench a little finger than a toe. But, actually, that mowed slope on the right is more than a little finger.
-
Well done, Russ. The yellow flowers provide a great 'anchor' and really make the image for me.
Mike.
-
Very nice, I like it; it almost looks like a painting, not a photograph.