Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: roa5100xx on January 29, 2012, 12:32:43 pm

Title: Calibration w/DTP 94
Post by: roa5100xx on January 29, 2012, 12:32:43 pm
Hi Aii,
I have been calibrating my HP LP2475w monitor with BasiCColor software and the DTP 94 colorimeter on a PC running Windows XP Professional, 32bit. Upgraded to Windows 7 64bit, now can't find drives for the Dtp 94 colorimeter.

What can I replace the DTP 94 with that would give good results with the above monitor using the same software(BasiCColor 4.1.28) or do I need a complete new calibration package?

Thanks for your help,

Herbert
Title: Re: Calibration w/DTP 94
Post by: WayneLarmon on January 29, 2012, 01:47:58 pm

There is a 64 bit driver:

Unified 32 & 64-Bit Drivers, 98, 2000, XP, & Vista
http://www.xritephoto.com/ph_product_overview.aspx?ID=730&Action=Support&SoftwareID=746

It may be dicey.  I used it on 64 bit Win 7, and Windows immediately bluescreened when I plugged my DTP-94 in.  There was a workaround, however: plug the DTP-94 into a hub.  My monitor had a built in hub and that worked.  (This workaround was mentioned in the readme.txt file that came with the driver.)

Wayne


Title: Re: Calibration w/DTP 94
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on January 29, 2012, 02:30:27 pm
I have Windows 7 64 bit and no problems with my DTP94
Title: Re: Calibration w/DTP 94
Post by: roa5100xx on January 29, 2012, 03:51:23 pm
When I try to install, I get"Windows found drives software for your device but encounted an ERROR while attempting to install It."
ACCESS DENIED.

What do I need to do?

Thank you for your hrlp

Title: Re: Calibration w/DTP 94
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on January 29, 2012, 04:04:09 pm
I'd try to run the installation from the administrator account as a first measure.
Title: Re: Calibration w/DTP 94
Post by: WayneLarmon on January 29, 2012, 08:38:02 pm
And even under an administrator account, sometimes you still need to right click a program and choose "Run as Administrator"  An Aaministrator account still has some limitations.  (I can't remember if I needed to "Run as Administrator" when I installed my DTP-94 driver.)

Wayne
Title: Re: Calibration w/DTP 94
Post by: roa5100xx on January 29, 2012, 10:50:23 pm
Got it to work, thanks to everyone for your help.

Herbert