Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: kenben on January 28, 2012, 10:00:07 pm

Title: Sharpening Photobook
Post by: kenben on January 28, 2012, 10:00:07 pm
I have been trying to find out about sharpening my photos for a photobook.
Could someone help me.
I have emailed and chatted with online photobook people and they have no clue.

Thanks Ken
Title: Re: Sharpening Photobook
Post by: jaapb on January 29, 2012, 02:32:19 am
Hi Ken,

It all depends on the printing technique used (ie coated paper, output dpi, upres). Your printer should be able to answer these questions or better you change your printer.
I use Photokit sharpener when I am not doing the sharpening in Lightroom. Photokit sharpener has some output sharpening routines for halftone printing.
For example for Blurb books you resize the photo exactly to the size of the placeholder in the book and use output sharpening halftone coated 175/350 dpi. (Blurb presses are set to 175).
Hope this helps a bit.

Jaap
Title: Re: Sharpening Photobook
Post by: kenben on January 29, 2012, 10:41:07 am
Thanks jaapb