Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Rand47 on January 27, 2012, 05:00:07 pm

Title: Epson R3000 PK / MK ink swapping
Post by: Rand47 on January 27, 2012, 05:00:07 pm
Anyone else's R3000 an ink sucking pig when it swaps between PK and MK ink?  I'm amazed, and disappointed, in how much PK ink is trashed.

Title: Re: Epson R3000 PK / MK ink swapping
Post by: jtoolman on January 28, 2012, 10:44:56 am
As much as wanted one, that was the main reason I did not buy one.
I suppose switching to GOOD refillables and GOOD inks would make that problem seem less painfull, but to me it's the principle of thing.
Title: Re: Epson R3000 PK / MK ink swapping
Post by: Farmer on January 28, 2012, 03:50:40 pm
How much was "trashed" and how did you measure it?
Title: Re: Epson R3000 PK / MK ink swapping
Post by: Rand47 on January 28, 2012, 05:34:00 pm
How much was "trashed" and how did you measure it?


In testing out my new 3000 I swapped back and forth twice.  Visually (anecdotally via the ink monitor graphics) it ate over 1/3 of the cart of PK. On the return to PK after the second swap to MK there wasn't enough PK to do the swap. It ate about 7% (visually) of the new PK cart switching back. Not exactly nominal..